Our Irish TV & Film Quiz is BACK! Part 2 is designed to really test your memory and keep your brain ticking on these long, lockdown days. So if you consider yourself a film buff, put your money where your mouth is a give it a go! Challenge your friends and let us know how you get on...
1. Who directed the Irish Black Comedy film 'The Butcher Boy' (1997)?
2. What is the name of the 2000 film about the Irish author James Joyce, starring Ewan McGregor?
3. Who does Sean Connery play in 'Darby O'Gill and the Little People’?
4. In the 1952 classic 'The Quiet Man' what is the name of the retired boxer played by John Wayne?
5. In 'My Left Foot' (1989) what word does Christy Brown write on the floor as a child?
6. 'The Wind that Shakes the Barley' (2006) tells the story of two brothers. Damien and Teddy O'Donavan, who join the Irish Republican Army. What county are they from?
7. Which famous actor plays Sergeant Gerry Boyle in 'The Guard' (2011)?
8. What is the name of the actress who won an Academy Award for her role in 'My Left Foot' (1989)?
9. What is Anna's profession in 'Leap Year' (2010)?
Real Estate Stager
10. In which county is 'Angela's Ashes' set?
1. In what year did Pope Francis visit Ireland?
2. In 2016, the O'Donovan brothers created Irish sporting history by winning Silver in the Olympics for Rowing. Where were the two brothers from?
3. Then US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle flew to Ireland in 2011 to trace his ancestral roots in what county?
4. In what year did Michael D. Higgins become the ninth president of Ireland?
5. Gay Marriage was voted in to law in 2015, what percentage of people voted Yes in the Equality Referendum?
6. What was the highest grossing film of 2013?
Iron Man 3
Dallas Buyers Club
7. In December 2012, what music video became the first youtube video to get over 1 billion views?
Little Talks (Of Monsters and Men)
Gangnam Style (PSY)
8. Irish boxer Katie Taylor won the gold female lightweight medal at the London 2012 Olympics. Why was this an historic occasion?
First time women could compete in Olympic boxing
First time an Irish boxer won an Olympic medal
First time the Olympics were held in London
Katie Taylor's last competitive fight
9. In 2015, Theresa Mannion went viral following a report made in Galway during Storm Desmond, in the clip she says;
" These are unprecedented times"
"Don't make unnecessary journeys"
"Don't leave your house for nonessential journeys"
"Make sure to stock up on food and candles"
10. The big freeze of 2010 in Ireland went on record, with temperatures on Christmas Day as low as ___ recorded in Straide, Mayo.
1. In which county is the fictional village of 'Ros na Rún' set?
2. What popular Irish crime-drama series concluded in January 2020?
3. The drama series 'Glenroe' was first aired in September 1983; when was its last episode aired?
4. Whose murder was at the beginning of all the drama in 'Red Rock'?
5. In 'Fair City' who bought McCoy's from Hughie?
6. Where is the Red Rock Garda Station situated?
7. What is the name of the film awards on 'Fair City'?
The Fair Awards
The City Awards
8. Which character in 'Glenroe' was killed in a horrific road accident after spending over a decade on the show?
9. What is the name of the 10 part 'Ros na Rún' spinoff series?
Cré na Cille
10. In what year did 'Ros na Rún' air its first episode?
1. Which famous Irish actor plays Alaster 'Mad Eye' Moody in the Harry Potter series?
2. How many Academy Awards has Michael Fassbender won?
3. Which TV series, starring Cillian Murphy, features the opening song 'Red Right Hand' by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds?
28 Days Later
4.Which Irish star is well-known for the famous line from Taken (2008), "I will look for you. I will find you. And I will kill you"?
5. In 'Derry Girls' what is the name of the actress playing Erin Quinn?
Saoirse Monica Jackson
6. What age was Saoirse Ronan when she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the Academy Awards for her role in Atonement(2007)?
7. Which Irish actor played 'Bull' McCabe in Jim Sheridan's 'The Field' (1990)?
8. How many James Bond movies did Pierce Brosnan star in?
9. Which of these films did Saoirse Ronan not star in?
Call me by your Name
10. In 2015, who was the only Irish actor to feature on Forbes highest paid actors list?
1. In what year did The Late Late Toy Show first air?
2. How many years did Gay Byrne present The Late Late Show?
3. In 2020, following Ryan Tubridy’s positive test for Covid-19, who stood in to present the show?
4. Who hosted The Late Late Show from 1999 to 2008?
5. In what year did The Late Late Toy Show feature an attempt to break the Lego world record?
6. Who presented the first Late Late Show in 1962?
7. In 1994, Gay Byrne refused to shake hands with which politician at the beginning of an interview?
8. What year did Ryan Tubridy start presenting the Late Late Show?
9. Who was the first woman to present an episode of The Late Late Show?
10. How long was Gay Byrne's last episode of the Late Late Show?
2 1/2 hours
1 1/2 hours
Share the quiz to show your results !
Subscribe to see your results
The Irish TV & Film Quiz #2
I got %%score%% of %%total%% right
Enjoy the best of Galway
This is Galway's newsletter gives you the inside scoop on everything happening in the city.
This is Galway is built by the poeple of Galway for the love of Galway A simple, honest and aesthetic shop window for our beautiful city.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!
This website uses the following additional cookies:
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!
What Are Cookies
Like many websites, the Herschel Sites use “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally. Cookies help us improve the Herschel Sites and optimize your experience.
Some cookies are necessary for core website functionalities and to help with navigation. For example, they are used to remember your password so you can log into your account securely, and when you are logged into your account, cookies remember this while you are browsing so you don’t have to log in each time you visit a new page. Required cookies are also used when you complete an order (to remember what is in your shopping cart between pages) or sign up for an account (when you input information on separate pages). These cookies are also important to verify your access to secure payment pages. Required cookies are typically removed or cleared when you log out; however, in some cases they may be stored to remember your site preferences.
We use some cookies to improve the functionality of the Herschel Sites and customize how our website runs according to your preferences. In order to achieve this, we set cookies to make sure you have an optimal experience on the site.
For example, cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered for email subscriptions from Herschel Supply, to remember your preferences, such as your region, currency and favorite products, and to decide whether to show you Content that is only be available to certain users. Functional cookies also make sure that when you submit data through a form, such as on our contact pages, we will be able to remember your details for future correspondence.
We use analytics cookies to collect information on how visitors to the Herschel Sites interact with our Content and services. This helps us understand what services and products are popular and if there are areas of the Herschel Sites that could be improved. This information is gathered by pixel tags or web beacons, and is aggregated at a high level so that it cannot be used to identify any individual person.
We use a third-party program called Google Analytics to gather this data. Google Analytics is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions available. Cookies set by Google Analytics may track things like how long you spend on the Herschel Sites, which pages you visit, and whether you make a purchase. This information is typically held by Google on servers in the United States.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page: https://www.google.com/analytics. You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies by downloading their browser plug-in tool from http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
One of the providers we use for this service is Google AdSense, which uses a cookie activated by a ‘double-click’ on an advertisement to improve the advertisements you see and limit the number of times a specific advertisement is displayed.
Advertising offsets the cost of running the Herschel Sites to allow us to continue developing the Content and provide products at the best price possible. They also make sure that Herschel Supply advertisements on other websites are tailored to your interests.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on the This is Galway Site to allow you to connect with your social network in various ways, including the sharing of our pages or social media accounts. When you use the Facebook plugin, Facebook will set cookies which may be used to enhance your profile on their site, or contribute to the data they collect and store in line with their own privacy policies.
If you want to disable cookies, some countries have created consumer choice tools to help you do so, including aboutads.info/choices (US) and www.youronlinechoices.eu (EU). Please note that blocking cookies will not eliminate advertising, it will just make the advertising less tailored to your interests.
You can also prevent the setting of cookies and delete cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. The steps for doing this differ from browser to browser, so consult your browser menu and Help tools. You can also visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information.