Going to see Ed Sheeran this weekend? Here’s what you need to know…
So… you’ve nearly made it to the the weekend and one of the biggest gigs to land in the Wesht for a very long time. Ed Sheeran, Galway’s unofficial ginger love child will be in residence for two whole days, belting out tunes like a mad thing whilst half the population of Ireland descend on Costa del Salthill to dance their little hearts out.
If you were one of the lucky few to get your hands on tickets, here’s everything you could possibly need to know, courtesy of the sound folks at Ticketmaster.
Ed Sheeran Irish Tour 2018 – Pearse Stadium, Galway 12th & 13th May 2018
PLEASE REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR TICKETS SAFE AND TO CHECK YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE TO ENSURE YOU ARE ATTENDING THE CORRECT VENUE ON THE CORRECT DATE.
PLEASE NOTE: EARLY QUEUING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED IN THE STREETS AROUND THE VENUE. THIS IS A RESIDENTIAL AREA AND WE ASK TICKET HOLDERS TO PLEASE RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF THE RESIDENTS AND RESPECT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY.
We strongly discourage patrons from purchasing tickets from any sites other than www.ticketmaster.ie which is the authorised seller of tickets for this event. Purchasing on www.ticketmaster.ie or from a Ticketmaster outlet directly guarantees genuine tickets. Anyone presenting a bogus ticket will be refused entry to the show.
DOWNLOAD the Ed Sheeran Irish Tour App today in the Google Play Store or Apple Store
– The venue will open at 5pm on the show days. Please keep an eye on the following websites for all the latest event updates:
Opening for Ed Sheeran at each show will be very special guests Anne-Marie, Jamie Lawson & Beoga.
The stage times for each night are as follows:
6:30pm Jamie Lawson
7:30pm Anne Marie
8:45pm Ed Sheeran
*All Times subject to change*
– Please keep in mind that once you leave the venue on the show day, re-entry will not be possible.
– Under 18’s MUST be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian attending the event who will remain with them and take full responsibility for them throughout the duration of the event.
– One Adult can accompany up to 4 children.
– For the safety and enjoyment of all patrons, An Garda Siochana and Aiken Promotions request all Parents and Guardians to undertake full responsibility of U18’s throughout the duration of the event and to fully review and ensure to adhere to the age restrictions and conditions before attending the event.
– There will be FREE-TAG-A-KID safety wristbands which will be available at all the customer care points both outside and inside the venue. Parents/Guardians attending with young children are encouraged to avail of these white wristbands which have a space for Parent/Guardian to write a contact number and seat number if applicable. The purpose of these wristbands is to help reuniting lost children with parent/guardian should your child become separated from you within the venue.
– We strongly advise against bringing young children to the concerts due to the sound volume and the potential upset for children. We also cannot allow any prams or any furniture into the venue.
– If you decide to bring your baby/ toddler to the show, parents must sign a disclaimer form on admission to the venue. Also, please note, a ticket is required for every concert attendee including babies and toddlers.
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
– This is an outdoor event and will take place rain, hail or shine.
– Please remember to plan for adverse weather conditions and check the weather forecast before leaving home.
– Strict security checks will be in operation
– Obey the stewards and Gardai and any instructions given over the public address for your safety.
ITEMS NOT TO BRING:
– Umbrellas are not permitted in the venue. In the event of adverse weather conditions, we would advise bringing a rain mac or disposable rain coat.
– Any large lens professional cameras or any form of video recorder WILL NOT be admitted. Only small 35mm cameras will be permitted.
– Flag poles, selfie sticks, sticks for banners are not allowed. Only small banners of other (A4 or A3 size) will be permitted into the events as anything larger can obstruct the views of other customers.
– Prohibited articles and items are as follows: any article that may be used as a weapon, any person deemed to be offensive or abusive, or who may compromise public safety, will be reported to the police. Bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks, Frisbees, and related items, dangerous or hazardous items, illegal substances, scooters, skateboards, or other skates. Laser devices, prams/push chairs, inflatable and folding chairs, suitcases, laptops, illegal merchandise items, hampers, and cold boxes, air horns and animals (except service dogs and guide dogs)
– PLEASE do not bring a bag unless it is totally necessary.
People without bags will be Fast-tracked. If you must bring a bag it needs to be less than A4 size. Bags under A4 size will be subject to a search which will result in queueing. NO bags larger than A4 size will be allowed into the venues nor will you be allowed to leave them unattended anywhere in the venue so please adhere to the above restrictions.
– For tickets purchased online: To gain access to the concert you are required to bring your tickets along with the purchasing credit card or a photo/photocopy of the credit card and a valid form of ID to reflect family name.
– For tickets purchased in outlets: Whether you have paid by cash or credit card your name will be printed on your tickets and you will be required to bring valid ID matching the name printed on the ticket, or a photocopy, to gain access to the show.
– Bus and Rail transport options can all bring you within walking distance of the venue. Plan your journey online from anywhere in Ireland to the venue via www.transportforireland.ie.
– As the venue is situated in residential and business areas, Road closures will be put in place for each concert. Nearer the time of the events please visit the below websites for further details: www.garda.ie
– Please remember to show respect to the local residents and community when travelling to and from the events.
– There will be signage to direct patrons to the appropriate entrance to your seating or standing area. Follow the coloured route / directions as indicated on your ticket.
– Bus Eireann will be running an extended service from from AIB bank Eyre Square to the Aquarium in Salthill before, during and after the concert.
– Regular Irishrail services will be available during the concerts and will transport patrons to Ceannt Station, Galway City Centre.
– At late night service from Galway to Athlone will run on both nights. This will depart Ceannt Station at 00:15hrs and will service all station along the route.
– A shuttle bus service will operate from AIB bank Eyre Square to the Aquarium in Salthill.
TAXI DROP OFF:
– Taxi drop off and collection will be located on Seapoint Promenade.
– Private coach drop off and post event collection will be located on Bishop O’Donnell Road.
– Signs will be in place to direct patrons to and from the concert venue.
– There is no parking available on the streets surrounding the immediate vicinity of the venue. A traffic management plan will be in operation by An Garda Siochana. The venue is situated in residential areas that has limited parking.
– The area will be monitored by Galway City Council’s Parking Enforcement and illegally parked cars may be clamped or towed away. We would strongly encourage concert goers to use public transport.
– We would strongly advise that patrons park with a view to ease of leaving the city at the end of the concert – This generally means using car parks on the outer perimeter and walking to the venue. Do not park in restricted or ‘no parking’ areas as a robust parking enforcement operation will be in place. ‘Clamping’ will be in operation to combat illegal parking.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
An Garda Siochana will have a traffic management plan in operation. For full details please visit www.garda.ie. Please plan your approach to the venue based on the following:
– As traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or car pool.
– Please use city perimeter car parks.
– The venue is well served by public transport. Bus & Rail will all bring you within walking distance of the venue grounds.
– We strongly advise you plan your journey in advance allowing yourself sufficient travel time to and from the venue.
– Plan your route in advance on www.transportforireland.ie and check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic, road works, delays on your route www.theaa.ie
Main parking for the concert is located at St. Mary’s College. Entrance via St. Mary’s road. Please note there is a fee associated with parking at St. Mary’s College.
Additional parking is available at various city parking facilities.
– Jury’s Hotel, Quay St. 24hrs
– Harbour Hotel, New Dock Rd. 24hrs
– Eyre Square Centre, Eyre Square 24hrs
– Radisson Hotel, Lough Atalia Rd. 24hrs
– Fairgreen Car Park, Fairgreen Rd. 24hrs
– Park rite, Hynes Yard Car Park, Merchants Rd. 24hrs
– Mill Street short term Car Park 24hrs
– Bowling Green, Newtownsmith 24hrs
– The Greyhound Track, College Road 24hrs
– Galway Cathedral Car Park 24hrs
– Market St. 24hrs
– Dyke Road (Black box theatre) 24hrs
– Claude Toft Park 24hrs
– Seapoint Promenade 24hrs
TIP! Please remember to check the opening and closing times with your chosen car-park to avoid the risk of your vehicle getting locked in.
– Patrons whom have purchased tickets for the special needs area will be contacted in advance of the shows and will be issued with parking permits which must be printed out and brought with you to gain access on the show day.
– Any queries, please contact Ticketmaster on their website www.ticketmaster.ie via – ask a question tab and an agent will be happy to assist you.
– Please note the shows are sold-out and spaces are limited.
– We are happy to answer any remaining queries you may have. Please email the promoter directly on email@example.com and a representative will assist you with your query.
– Official merchandise will be available in outlets located inside the venue. Please refrain from purchasing any unofficial merchandise outside the venue grounds.
– There are great food and drink facilities in the stadium, but they are limited – you are welcome to bring your own food and soft drinks but please note the following:
– No glass, alcohol nor flasks will be allowed
– Only plastic cutlery will be allowed
– All soft drinks must be unopened with the seal intact
– No BBQs including disposable are allowed
REMEMBER – Proof of age will be required if you wish to purchase alcohol.
– Drinking water fountains will be available at various points throughout the venue.
– Please note, these are non-smoking events. Persons found smoking will be escorted from the venue and not be allowed to re-enter the concert. The same restrictions apply to Vaping.
– There will be First Aid areas within the venue, this includes the pitch. These will all be clearly marked and all stewards will be able to direct patrons in the direction of the nearest medical point.
Try to plan your exiting route in advance. There is a chance that you will be directed to leave by an exit other than the one you came in by. Do not worry – there will be plenty of signage and stewards to direct you in the right direction
Take your time on exiting and please respect the local areas, residents and community